Fluzone Quadrivalent and Fluzone High-Dose vaccines are given to help prevent influenza disease caused by influenza A and B strains contained in each vaccine.
For 2020-2021, the quadrivalent (four-component) egg-based vaccines, which protect against a second lineage of B viruses, are recommended to contain:
- A/Guangdong-Maonan/SWL1536/2019 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus (updated)
- A/Hong Kong/2671/2019 (H3N2)-like virus (updated)
- B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus (updated)
- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like (Yamagata lineage) virus
Fluzone Vaccine Offerings
Fluzone Quadrivalent contains the 2 strains of influenza A and B identified for the current flu season. The vaccine is given to people 6 months of age and older.
Fluzone High-Dose is a vaccine given to people 65 years of age and older that contains 4 killed flu virus strains.
- Fluzone High-Dose contains four times the antigen (the part of the vaccine that helps your body build up protection against flu viruses) of standard-dose inactivated influenza vaccines.
- The higher dose of antigen in the vaccine is intended to give older people a better immune response, and therefore, better protection against flu.
Fluzone Vaccine Discounts
Vaccine discounts can be found here sponsored by GoodRx
Fluzone Vaccine Indications
Fluzone influenza vaccines are indicated to help prevent influenza disease caused by influenza A and B strains contained in the vaccine.
>> Confidential test for Influenza<<