World Pharmacist Day 2018 Celebrates “Pharmacists As Trusted Information Sources”
During World Pharmacists Day 2018, pharmacists are encouraged to use September 25th as a day to organize activities that promote and advocate for the role of the pharmacist in ‘improving health in every corner of the world.’
In 2018, the focus is on the extensive expertise that pharmacists have and put to use every day to ensure better patient health.
This expertise is applied through science and research, through educating the next generation, and through transforming patient needs into services.
The theme of World Pharmacists Day 2018 emphasizes that pharmacists are a trusted source of knowledge and advice, not only for patients but for other healthcare professionals.
For every patient who walks into a pharmacy, pharmacists ensure that the right medicine is provided at the right dose and in the most suitable formulation.
Pharmacists work with other healthcare professionals to ensure that every individual receives optimal treatment.
Moreover, as one of the most accessible health care professionals globally, pharmacists use their learning to protect health and prevent illness.
Recent pharmacists vaccine news:
- Pharmacists Increased Vaccination Rates While Reducing Costs
- Overusing Traveler's Diarrhea Antibiotics Can Be Avoided
- Pharmacists Authorized to Dispense Lyme Disease Antibiotics Near Montreal
- Ohio Pharmacies Respond to Hepatitis A Outbreak
- Can Pharmacists Improve Texas’ HPV Vaccine Rate Deficiency?
- HPV Vaccination Rate Depends on “How” Providers Communicate
- Pharmacists Are Worldwide Vaccination Leaders
During World Pharmacists 2018, the worldwide pharmacy community is encouraged to create profile pictures for their social media accounts using the official FIP Twibbon or the official logo.
For more information, please visit World Pharmacists Day.