Ethics Advisory Board
Journalistic ethics, and medical research do go hand-in-glove.
In today’s ‘fake-news’ media world, journalists must go the extra mile to protect patients from misleading information or risk losing public support for innovative therapies that will save lives, and reduce overall health costs.
We believe the highest priority for medical researcher is not advancing knowledge, but protecting patients who might be negatively impacted.
Which means, ‘do no harm.’
Back in 1999, several eHealth 1.0 leaders gathered in New York City to define publishing standards for the new digital ecosystem. Most of those publishing standards remain effective today.
A vast number of media reports over emphasize potential benefits, ignore obvious shortcomings, and do not present cost issues.
But, after reviewing thousands of health news stories about new medications, interventions and vaccines over the past 18 years, we have found a clear pattern of imbalanced media reporting.
The Precision Vaccinations Advisory Board has defined the specific criteria to ensure healthcare providers and consumers develop informed opinions from new research. We believe our Guiding Principles address the basic issues people need to know to make informed decisions.
- Authoritative: is the source from qualified authors
- Complementarity: all published information should enhance, not replace, the doctor/nurse/pharmacist relationship with patients
- Attribution: citations clearly identify the source(s) of the relevant research
- Transparency: the independence from bias shall at all times be preserved
- Financial disclosure: every funding source and researcher relationship must be communicated appropriately
The PrecisionVax's Ethics Advisory Board exists to improve healthcare information, which enhances health outcomes for all of us.
Pharmacists, nurses and doctors offer their relevant ‘main-street’ insights regarding the latest vaccine news.
- Jeremy H. Ashley, PharmD, RPh, Health Services Clinical Pharmacist with Brookshires.
- Mark Comfort, PharmD, Clinical Community Pharmacist at H-E-B Pharmacy.
- Rannon Ching, Pharm.D, a vaccine specialist at Tarrytown Pharmacy.
- Chris Felton PharmD, MTM Clinical Pharmacist with Brookshire Grocery Company.
- Soni Bozeman, PharmD, a Clinical Pharmacist with Brookshires Grocery Pharmacy.
- Lauren A. Ragan PharmD, MTM Clinical Pharmacist with Brookshires Food & Pharmacy.
- Jerry Meece, RPh, CDE, Director of Clinical Services for Plaza Pharmacy and Wellness Center.